Tuesday, March 13, 2007

360: Separation, part 1

So my 360 shuts down on Saturday. Won't play a game for long.

"We need to talk."

"Hey! I was halfway through that challenge on Worms!" (looks at the 360 more closely) "What's wrong?"

"I noticed that you've been busy recently. We haven't spent nearly as much time together as we used to."

"Yeah, well, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Work's been busy, and, um ..."

"It's another console, isn't it?"


"Well ... you know, you won't have Guitar Hero II for another three weeks, and my friends got me Bully and God of War for birthday and Christmas, and I couldn't very well send them back, so I tried them, and, um ..."

"Do you like them?"

"I like achievements a lot. And I'm really starting to get into Viva PiƱata. And Gears of War and The Godfather just arrived."

"That's not what I asked."

"Um ... I like you too. And I never said that I would play you exclusively. You knew about the PS2 when I bought you."

"And the Wii?"

"Well ... it's not the same, you know ... the controls are different ..."

"But you've spent a lot of time on that Rayman game. You must like it."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just don't feel appreciated any more. I think you take me for granted. So I think maybe it would be better for both of us if we spent some time apart, so that maybe you'll appreciate what I have to offer."

And the 360 didn't work after that. Well, not for very long.

It might just be overheating. Some games are apparently more prone to this than others. I picked up an Intercooler today, hoping that that will solve the problem. If not, well, I guess I'll throw myself on the mercies of Xbox Support.

All I ask is that I have something back on the 2nd. My 360 and I have something big planned for that day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment