Sunday, September 03, 2006

NCAA recap, September 3

More NCAA football today - I like the delay of the NFL season now. You get a weekend full of college football.

Memphis 25 at Mississippi 28: If the name Benjarvus Green-Ellis rings a bell in these parts, it should. He transferred to Mississippi from Indiana, and he had an immediate impact today. I don't know what it was, but I sure don't remember him running like that in Bloomington. Memphis is going to have trouble in C-USA if they can't stop the run.

I noticed that Memphis had some hot women on the sidelines. Just a coincidence? I'm glad to see that the unreasonable opposition to women is fading, but usually you see them as trainers and such. One of these women was a coach's assistant - holding the cord, I guess, and things like that.

Kentucky 28 at Louisville 59: Not really much of a surprise here, except that Kentucky scored on two long pass plays and a kickoff return, which means Louisville has a bit of work to do ... also, I wonder if Louisville really needs to be piling it on in a rivalry game. That sort of thing doesn't go unnoticed.

Rich Brooks will be all right. He just needs another year or two to get Kentucky up a couple of notches. Kind of tough to do in the SEC, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment