Tuesday, July 08, 2008

That's something to be proud of

Well, actually, no, it's not. Brian at mgoblog (see my blog list) posted an update about Kevin Grady, a current Michigan player who may be in a wee bit of trouble. (NOTE: he's on a new site and there may be some ads there that will interfere with your ability to read the page. I recommend AdBlock Plus, unless you're using IE, in which case I recommend Firefox and AdBlock Plus.)

You can also read the original article here. Anyway, the point is that Mr. Grady blew a .281. (If you don't know what BAC means, go Google it and come back.) Remember, the legal limit everywhere now is .080, and in general, blood tests aren't measuring your peak BAC. For one thing, unless you're really, really stupid, you're not actually drinking when you're asked to take one – you stopped already. For another, road tests usually measure a bit low, so that cops don't get you at a .08 and then take you down to the station for you to blow a .06.

(Sorry, slight delay. There's a bit of weather coming through.)

Now, I've been drunk a few many more times than I (literally) can remember, and I may have visited that neighborhood before, but I can't ever say for sure that I was there. I did approach that once on a blood test, but I can't tell you what it felt like, because I was completely out of it. All I know is that it involved a lot of hard alcohol very quickly.

(Sorry, another delay. Tigers just hit a home run that barely cleared the wall and actually fell back into the field of play. The Indians OF tossed the ball back into the stands. That's a very nice thing to do, especially considering Detroit's up 8-2.)

Anyway, most people can't reach that number. Physically can't. Their bodies will refuse to consume that much alcohol: they'll either pass out or throw up repeatedly.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on with this kid, but I'd guess he could use a little guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment