Tuesday, August 22, 2006

XBLA review: Galaga (7/10)

For once, a console port that didn't get screwed up. Unlike virtually all the other ported games, Galaga is dead-on, as much as I could tell (I didn't bother with the hide-in-the-corner-till-they-stop-shooting trick), and they even included all the music. The achievements happily exclude Xbox Live because, oops, no two-player mode. I suppose that could be a drawback, but most people don't play more than one two-player game of Galaga with me. (The Ms. Pac-Man story is better.) You might even be able to get all the achievements in one game. I had a devil of a time shooting a captured fighter – it's always harder when you're trying to do it.

As with most of the other leveled games, you can choose to start at the highest wave you completed earlier; you may find that this comes in handy for certain achievements.

I definitely recommend this for old-school gamers. Modern gamers with no sense of history shouldn't be reading this blog.

zlionsfan's rating: 7 roars out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment