Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Let the lunacy begin

While the rest of the fantasy football world eagerly anticipates September 7 (well, unless your season started on August 19 or June 16), some of us are looking forward to Saturday.

Yep, I joined an NCAA fantasy league. I have no idea how this is legal, or how much they had to pay to license the teams and such, but I don't care. It's intriguing.

Why? Well, it's an all-Big Ten league. (sorry about the popup ad) With 10 teams. Yeah, we're going pretty deep, and yeah, if your starter gets hurt, it's curtains for you. But it'll be fun.

I missed most of the RBs, so I'm going with a wide-open offense, either 5 WR or 4 WR and a TE (you can use pretty much any RL college formation). I hope Michigan State and Purdue have strong passing games this year.

One interesting note is that you only get 75% credit for points obtained in games against non-I-A teams. This is unfortunate, because pretty much everyone in the Big Ten plays a I-AA opponent this weekend. At least everyone on my team does. (Except for Penn State, and this weekend, We Aren't. Penn State.)

We'll see how it goes. For now, I may start a local chapter of the Drew Stanton fan club.

No bye weeks this season. I like the 12-game schedule. Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

No comments:

Post a Comment