Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Madden holiday cancelled

Madden holiday? Not for me. I'm out. They're lucky I'm even considering renting it.

The irony is that this would have been perfect, say, five years ago, back when EA had competition and actually felt like they had to improve their products each year. Now, it's pretty clear that there are enough people in EA's marketing department who no longer care about product quality that the decisions about release dates, bug fixes, and features are in the hands of the wrong people.

I rented 06 through GameFly just to see how bad it was. It was bad - more detail to come. But I should shell out $60+ for this version because it'll be worth it? You mean, like NCAA 07 was? Right ... I don't think so.

EA's brand is no longer strong enough for me to justify purchasing a game of theirs, sight (and reviews) unseen. Between NCAA 07, Madden 06, and SSX On Tour, EA's pretty much spoiled every franchise that I was faithfully following.

Dear EA, thanks for saving me $60. Your friend, zlionsfan.

No comments:

Post a Comment