Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stupid Pegasus

So I get home from my fantasy draft (the one below, where I have Manning and Hasselbeck), and figure I'll turn on the Sox-Tigers game to catch the last few innings. 636, FSD - blacked out. OK, probably the Sox feed, then. 73x (I have the package), blacked out. OK, it must be on "locally". ESPN2 - blacked out. WTF? I thought only Blackhawks games were unreasonably blacked out.

What I missed was the Comcast sports channel (you know, the old SportsChannel Chicago). Apparently it wasn't in my channel list. So now I'm watching the game, feeling duly chastened after having to look it up online.

Why Pegasus? Because when I got my satellite hooked up, DirecTV was in trouble for holding too much of the market (funny, it doesn't seem to work that way for crappy local phone companies), so they couldn't offer direct service, but they could offer it through another company, Pegasus. I got DirecTV, but with crappy old equipment - their phone rep didn't even talk me into getting set up with TiVo.

So it's hard to use the channel lists and all that. I'm waiting until I redo the living room with HD stuff to upgrade (to get a three-input dish for HD and TiVo), but it won't be long. Secondhand DirecTV stuff sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment