Thursday, August 31, 2006

LivePlanet = complete idiots

You've got to be kidding me.

Letting fans decide a batting order is bad enough - you've seen how fans vote for All-Stars. Letting them decide positions as well?

I don't care if it is a Northern League team (yes, that league's been known to do some pretty stupid promotions).

Look at what the owner has to say, as quoted by Rick Reilly in this week's SI:

"Look, the American people decide who sits in the White House," he likes to say. "I think they can handle a baseball lineup."

There are so many things wrong with that statement (aside from the obvious, that no, the American people don't elect a president, unless by "American people" he meant "electoral college") ... what an idiot.

I'm surprised he hasn't bought an MLB team.

Hey, it's great for attendance! Who cares how the manager or players feel about it?

I'm hardly surprised that MSN is behind this. I think MSN is short for "Really Bad Ideas", but I can't figure out into what language you'd have to translate that.

No, I'm not linking to the site. Search for Schaumburg Flyers and I'm sure you'll get there on your own.

What a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment