Thursday, June 26, 2008

ESucksPN

So I'm watching the NBA draft for their Fan Zone so I can fill out a survey afterward, and I've muted it now, because really, there's only so much Stuart Scott and Dick Vitale you can take at a time, and of course they still employ STEPHEN A. SMITH ...

And it's the Pistons' pick, and I see the top four available ... Chris Douglas-Roberts, good, they could play him at the two and trade Rip ... no, wait, D.J. White, and then McDyess can come off the bench again.

And they take him! Wow! I think it'll be a good matchup.

And then ESPN shows this graphic:

17.8 points, 10.1 rebounds (led SEC)

Are you kidding me? How stupid are you? Really? SEC?

Maybe it's a one-time error.

Nope.

2008 1st-Team All-SEC

Wait till I get that survey. Whoever wrote the text for that graphic should be fired. If you can't match teams to major conferences, you shouldn't be doing television.

Edit: Noooooooooo ...

Proposed trade

SEATTLE RECEIVES:
Rights to D.J. White

DETROIT RECEIVES:
32nd overall pick
46th overall pick

Are you kidding me? Why would you trade two for one unless you are blowing up and starting over?

Joe Dumars gets an F for this one.

Update: Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit and read some insight, I suppose it might not be such a bad deal. The guy Seattle "took" at 32 has skills ... the fact that he's a project scares me, but as someone at WIS pointed out, this is the same GM who saw value in Prince, Stuckey, and Maxiell, so perhaps I should wait a bit before pulling out my favorite Mel Kiper Jr. rant.

Also, as I read in the Detroit News, this means Detroit has no first-round pick and thus no guaranteed contracts to offer ...

Sorry, D.J. Hope you like Oklahoma City. (Seattle owners = thieving, lying bastards. Flip side = city of Seattle saves hundreds of millions on a new arena it doesn't need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment