Sunday, February 08, 2009

Thank you, past me

You know the sci-fi stories where the protagonist goes backward (or forward) in time and meets his past (or future) self? Or the stories where they don't actually meet, but one leaves something for the other? (Like a note saying Hey dude, this girl is going to stop by your locker tomorrow, but she won't be looking for you. Doesn't matter. Keep her talking till after the bell rings so you both get caught and sent to the principal's office. Keep talking there. Trust me.)

Anyway, this is a little bit like that. Snot monster is waging his annual war on my health. I'm winning, so far, but I can always count on a good battle from him. I'm getting ready for bed, taking my cold medicine, and it occurs to me that I have no Hall's cough drops. Used them all. I search the medicine cabinet anyway, just in case.

It turns out that past me bought cough medicine not too long ago (in other words, it hasn't expired - that happens when you don't get sick often). Hurray past me! Of course, it's mostly an expectorant. What I want is something that'll help when I wake up at 6 AM with a sore throat.

I dig a little further, into the small box in the back that holds random things.

Extra-strength Sucrets. Jackpot!

I love past me. He's a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment