Friday, November 14, 2008

My, how things change

So AT&T sends me a new card. Did I mention this before? Probably not. Oh wait, I found it. Anyway, they send it to me, and I'm going to use it once and then lock it away, just so they don't cancel it and crush my debt-to-credit ratio, right?

Yeah, that was like six weeks ago. What did I buy?

Nothing.

I'm just having a difficult time buying something right now. Maybe this means I've finally changed, and in five years, I'll be financially responsible. Or maybe I'm rejecting the hypercommercialization of Christmas. Or maybe it's just a reaction to the arrival of crappy fall. (Remember where I live. In Indiana, fall means 40-degree days and rain, and sometimes rain and 40-degree days.)

Still, not buying things isn't a bad reaction. I guess it could be worse.

Okay, none of you will appreciate this anyway. I try not to let on about how financially irresponsible I've been, because ... um ... something.

That's all for now. Off to Facebook to play more games.

2 comments:

  1. You should give gifts. It's the giving that makes you feel better about the spending. Now, if only I could think of someone you could give the gift to.... Hmm.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's a good idea. If you think of someone, let me know.

    I've always found it easier to spend money on others than on myself.

    ReplyDelete