Saturday, February 27, 2010

NHL 10: Late December '09

Hey, with the real-life NHL in full swing, I've picked up NHL 10 again ...

Three games this week: hosting San Jose, hosting some team I don't recognize, and at Colorado. Oh, Columbus is the middle one. Didn't recognize the logo at all.

December 21st: I made a nice play in the first, fishing a puck out of the crease (and nearly putting it in) and taking it to safety ... didn't mark Marleau well and gave up a goal, then got off the ice a second before we equalized. We got the third goal in the first minute of the second period (on the same shift where I knocked down Joe Thornton). Two more later and we cruised to an easy win.

Stats: 0 G, 0 A, +1, 4 shots, 0 PIM, 2 hits, 1 blocked shot
Result: W 5-1 vs. San Jose
Grade: A- (A+/A-/B)

December 23rd: Tough game ... actually went to a shootout. Naturally, I missed my shot ... they won, 2-1 after 4 shots.

Stats: 0 G, 0 A, -1, 4 shots, 0 PIM, 0 hits, 1 blocked shot
Result: L 2-3 SO vs. Columbus
Grade: B (A+/B+/C)

Four points out of 8th ... easily in the playoff hunt, but we need to keep winning, especially against Western Conference teams.

December 26th: gave up a silly goal in the slot when I didn't check my man, then we lost in OT when they scored a power-play goal. One of our D went down with a first-period injury, so I got a lot of ice time: 40:41, second-most on the team (my partner had 47 minutes).

Stats: 0 G, 1 A, even, 4 shots, 0 PIM, 0 hits, 1 blocked shot
Result: L 1-2 OT at Colorado
Grade: A- (A+/B+/A-)

woot! Moved up to the second pair.

Three games this week: Chicago on Tuesday, Anaheim on Thursday, Vancouver on Saturday.

December 29th: we scored twice on one shift, then I got a third plus when the defense changed before the forwards did. Gave up a bad goal on a turnover, but it didn't matter.

Stats: 0 G, 0 A, +2, 1 shot (I think, I looked in the wrong place for SOG), 0 PIM, 1 hit, 0 blocked shots
Result: W 4-1 vs. Chicago
Grade: A- (A+/B/A-)

December 31st: gave up a bad goal, took a crap penalty (interference, thought I was finishing my check), but played well other than that. Easy win: Selanne took a major plus game misconduct for slashing, and that was that.

Stats: 0 G, 1 A, +2, 1 shot, 2 PIM, 3 hits
Result: W 6-2 vs. Anaheim
Grade: A (A+/B+/A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment