Tuesday, April 03, 2007

360 review: Guitar Hero II (10/10)

"What do you want to do with your life?"

"I wanna rock!"

Suffice it to say that I won't be posting a complete review for a while. I will say this much, though:

  • The sets are not the same. In addition to adding songs not available on the PS2 (like The Trooper), they've moved songs around, so for example, Strutter and Heart-Shaped Box are now part of the first set.
  • The Explorer hangs much lower than the SG did, plus the neck is thinner, so you can hold it more naturally. (Of course, it's still much lighter than a real guitar.)
  • It helpfully comes with a kill switch - the guitar cord has a safety that will disconnect if you pull too hard. Naturally, mine wasn't completely connected, so I thought it was a controller problem. Duh.


zlionsfan's rating: 10 out of 10. BUY THIS NOW!

No, really. Now.

4/4 update
Watch the credits. Yes, all the way through (or you won't get the achievement). Pay attention at the end. ROFL moment.

With the longer strap, the guitar is much easier to tilt for star power. However, the whammy bar is still in an awkward place for lefties. How do I know this? Look at my achievements: I have the Hendrix one. (By the way, the achievements are a nice mix of solo and co-op play. I won't get all of them. Guaranteed. One guy on mygamercard.net had all of them but one on launch day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment