Monday, October 16, 2006

Thug

So I'm going back over the Tennessee-Dallas game, and I see the play where Albert Haynesworth stomps Andre Gurode. Now, I have no love for the Cowboys, but even so ... even if I were a Redskins fan, this is not something I would want to see.

Daryl Johnston said it very well. The NFL fines players for uniform violations and suspends them for substance abuse, so they should definitely have taken action to make sure this never happens again.

Well, he got a five-game suspension, but to me, that's not enough. If you want it to never happen again, at a minimum, he should be out for a full season. Not the rest of the season. 16 games. I don't care what's happening on the field. There's no reason, ever, to step on a man's head, deliberately, when he's not wearing a helmet. (For the record, on that play, it looked like Haynesworth basically threw Gurode to the ground, pulled off his helmet, and then stomped him twice.)

At least the NFLPA didn't appeal it. That's one thing I never understand, why players' associations appeal suspensions for players who deliberately injure other players. Hello? Aren't you representing all players here?

I'm surprised Haynesworth didn't attend Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment