Monday, January 12, 2009

Cinnamon

Today, we had bagels for breakfast. There were donuts as well, but I had a bagel.

Why? Well, for one thing, I'm trying to be a little careful. (Not that the bagels I eat are really better than donuts.) For another, there were cinnamon crunch bagels.

I can't explain it, but for whatever reason, I love cinnamon. Maybe it's as simple as the cinnamon toast my dad would make on special occasions. He'd make it in the toaster oven - it looked burned (and maybe sometimes was) but we didn't care. Basically, it was butter and cinnamon and sugar, thick enough so that it made a crust kind of like you'd see on creme brulee. Now, maybe it was good because we didn't get really sweet stuff often, or something, but whatever the reason ... anyway, to this day I really, really like cinnamon.

Of course, it's also possible that I've simply taught my body to crave sugar in any form, and now that it doesn't get alcohol, it needs to make up for it in whatever way it can find, and there's something about cinnamon that gets me to eat more sugar, or whatever.

I like the toast theory myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment