Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blocked!

Yeah, I know, everyone else knew about Adblock Plus for years, but hey, I just started using it. Anyway, it's like being a kid in, well, not a candy store. Maybe it's like being a kid and getting permission from your dad to get those bushes out of the back yard.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the need for ads (some of the time), and I'm respectful of the needs of the companies whose sites I browse. However, I have certain rules:
  • No popups.
  • No sound.
  • No extending over what I'm reading.
  • No seizure-inducing animation.

Follow those rules and we're fine. Break one and you're gone.

It's magic. Yeah, advertisers will try to find ways around it, and hosts will try to prevent you from using programs/add-ons like that, but hey, if you want my business, you can set up your site the way I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment