Monday, January 07, 2008

TV! TV!

omg no tv n00b teh sux0r.

So New Year's Eve, the satellite is out. This is not news: I've had good reception in heavy rain, snow, pretty much everything except high winds. We had high winds and rain, so yeah, that I could understand.

Tuesday, reception is fine (although I went out to watch football and get my annual case of bronchitis; I may have failed and got only a sore throat instead), same thing up through Friday.

Saturday, friends come over to play Rock Band and watch football. Except ...

771.

Yes, by coincidence, that's the calculator trick to say ILL. So I have no satellite. Undaunted, we run out to Radio Shack (I use the un-royal we - I stayed here and sent money) to get an antenna, which I'd been meaning to get because we can't get CBS in HD through DirecTV. Football is fine, but other TV is not.

Same thing Sunday and Monday, so I call customer service. (My throat was just a little, little sore, so I was hoping one or the other would get better.) They're coming by Wednesday. We'll see. I bet it's just a bad cable somewhere up above.

I don't even care if it's something stupid. I just want to know what it is so I can fix it next time. Hell, one prolonged outage in X years that I've had the service, not so bad.

And it's not like I don't have a thousand games to play. I'm not sure that's an exaggeration, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment